Saturday, May 30, 2015

Exercise prayer

Dear Lord,

I don't usually write prayers concerning this issue.  I need to make it clear however that I am afraid to fail.  I am afraid to continue to be a perfectionist when it comes to this issue.  I have not been made perfect.  My desire is to exercise and continue to do so.  I want to make exercise a habit.  I want to just go out there and exercise.  I don't want to continue to be inspired.  I often see exercise as a chore.  A chore is not fun and needs to be done.  A chore is work.  A chore can seem like a drudgery.  That deep down is how I feel about exercise.  I don't love to exercise but I want to.  I need to know if I can exercise and get used to it for a long time.  I find myself writing and thus procrastinating or making excuses as to why.  My fear is that I will never lose weight.  I am putting things off; I will lose weight eventually.  Fear stems from impatience.  I want to lose weight fast.  That is the problem.  I want to lose those 2 pounds per week but even that requires hard work.  Help me to do what is hard.  Help me to lose weight.  Give me the wisdom and guidance that I so need.  Thank You for Your love, forgiveness, and answer to my prayer.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment