Saturday, April 15, 2017

Follow my instinct

I have no real plans as far as exercise go.  That is too bad and so sad.  I have been advised to diet and exercise.  Those simple things have been hard for me.  I have no cares in this world.  I don't want to stop.  I want to be like Nike and "Just do it".  Even that has been hard.  Like food, I too have a relationship with exercise.  It is not as bad as it is with food, but I have gotten lazier over the years. Things seem quite impossible for me.  I need to live a little.  I may even need to make a fool of myself.  I do that anyway walking back and forth in the backyard.  Okay, that was not helpful. No one else does the same thing.  I have not been the inspiration to others that I desire to be.  I have thoughts of embarrassment.  I wonder if my neighbors believe I am embarrassing myself by walking in the backyard instead of just walking from one STOP sign to another.

I need to really take not only a good look at myself by being realistic but to follow not just my doctor's advice, but to go by my instinct.  My instinct tells me to not yet exercise 30 minutes a day, even with walking.  Setting up a time to exercise per day would be more helpful.  I don't have the energy to exercise 30 minutes per day.  But I do have the energy to start at 10-15 minutes a day. I would like to work my way up to 20 minutes.  I would also like to work up to 25 minutes a day.  Who knows?  I may be able to go more than 30 minutes.  I don't wish to be lazy, though I have been in the past.  I have to remember why I am and will exercise in the first place.  That will also go a long way into reaching my own goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment