Monday, January 12, 2015

Exercise is important to me

After much consideration, I have made the decision to exercise as well as consume a proper diet. That is a rather strange to write, but I have not done much exercise or practice good eating habits.  I love chocolates, cheeseburgers, and cake with ice cream, my favorite dessert.  Everytime it seems like I am eating healthy I have been advised that I have not been after all.  Eating raisin bran with 2% milk is all I need to consume, not raisin bran, 2% milk and a sandwich.  I have difficulty sometimes how to formulate what to eat for a specific meal.  One of the problems I have been having is not just a poor diet but a poor concept of what exercise is about.  I would like to change both of those things. Tomorrow I plan to do low impact exercises for 30 minutes.  In other words, I wish to start off slow and not procrastinate.  I have an exercise budget as well as a dietary budget.  I have to remember to start off slow and that calories equal budget and so do points.

Working on my neck and on my abs, or rather, core is an excellent start considering the neck pain I have had since I got out of bed this morning.  I have sheets of exercise to follow and I will follow them.  I have had back pain and it is no joke.  I am lucky that it doesn't have too much of an effect on me but it does enough since I have gone to 2 physical therapy sessions.  I have been, and am, more motivated than ever to "move a muscle" and to remind myself not just to not go at it alone, but to make exercise a habit and not a chore.  I would like to remember that it is one day at a time, so I will have less room to beat myself up if I skip a day or if I have the exercise is a chore mindset.  That is the issue that has to be addressed.  Exercise is a necessity for not just physical health, but also for mental and emotional health.  My mind is calmer since I have learned to piece together why exercise is beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment