Thursday, September 17, 2015

Yoga and some results

I was wrong for writing this yesterday:
I have a rather short reflection for today.  I tried yoga this afternoon and while I felt the "burn", I wondered how effective yoga is as a whole.  Is it a real exercise?  That is something I need to "google", I guess

The truth is, I did do some stretching yesterday and while it doesn't burn many calories, it is quite beneficial.  It is the beginning or at least should be the beginning of a workout.  Stretching improves flexibility and supposes to help one to recover from injuries or at least prevents injuries.  I wonder if that is why people try yoga and pilates for pliability.  Is it really true that it helps to lose weight?  I have downloaded a few videos, so now is time to try.

BTW, I did a little bit of yard work this morning, but sadly it was not much.  I realize that exercise is good for the body but also the mind.  I feel great this morning.  I did feel better after a bit of work. According to the Spark People website, I burned 186 calories today.  If only I had worn my watch to determine how many calories I really burned according to it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment