Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Bento and other reflections

For a while now, I have wanted to make health-conscious purchases, or at least lead to the promotion of health consciousness.  For instance, I have always wanted a bento box.  I found out about bento boxes, bento lunchboxes, or just plain lunch boxes that come with a thermos.  I realize that I need to eat better than they do.  I must remember to eat smaller portions, which I am often guilty of not doing.  What I do know, is that bento boxes or just bento as I call them, offer good portion control.  It is amazing how much food goes into one container.  It is quite interesting because it isn't a controversial exercise equipment or even a dance routine.  Exercise is quite beneficial for any number of reasons.  However, I am only writing about eating, but I also have to eat smaller portions of healthy foods.  Healthy foods can be just as good as unhealthy foods.  The difference is in quality.  So it is advisable for me to eat smaller portions of food that is lower in nutritional value and consume portions of high quality, more nutritious foods.  A bag of fruits offer more nutrition than a bag of chips.  Interestingly enough, I think it is time to follow just basic, simple advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment