Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Time to take stock

For the past two days I know and realize that at over 300 lbs and just under 5'2", I have a problem.  I need to be of support to others but I also need to be of support to myself and have some support for myself.  I need to hold myself accountable for my deeds, including all of the times when my deeds afford a pat on the back and whenever I make a misstep.  I have come to realize that I have spent a long time wishing, hoping, trying, and being inspired.  All of the while, I have been struggling to take care of myself.  It is time I take a look in the proverbial, not just literal mirror.  I know what is wrong with me.  I do have a self esteem issue and that is why I often refer to myself as lazy.  Mentally I get confusing messages and one of them does border on the "not wanting to lose weight"thing.  I do get inspired by watching others working all the while wishing I could do the same thing.  I have a lot of inventory to take stock of and even more to hold myself accountable for.  I am over 40 and I feel so blah at times.  I now even wonder how hard I really tried to lose weight.  I know I am not old, at all, but I know that I just feel like life has been passing me by.  It is just time to live...to be healthy.  Now is as good a time as any.

No comments:

Post a Comment