Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My healthy living goals and reflections

There are days like this when I need to realize if I should exercise every day or every other day.  My goal is to make my schedule stick.  I struggle with doing that because I just go out there and just exercise.  I used to make exercise plans for the week and I need to do it again.  I have a goal.  On a day where I am not busy, I will go out walking, stretching for my back or neck pain, or do some other exercise.  Exercise is a reminder of working towards a goal of a healthy lifestyle.  It is also a reminder that there are motivators to exercise and also to eat healthy.  I admit that I have not exercised today, nor have I eaten healthy.

One of the things that I have learned is to reconcile both exercise and healthy eating and do both of them together.  That was one of the things that was often holding me back from reaching my weight loss goals.  There are times when I exercise but did not eat the necessary servings of fruits and vegetables I was supposed to consume.  There are other times when I did not exercise but in fact ate healthier.  Finally, it does worse. There are those moments where I did neither.

Maybe I shouldn't just learn.  I should just go ahead and do it.  I have learned, however, to face my fears.  I have allowed those fears to hold me back that I did not live a healthy lifestyle and I did in the past procrastinate.  I don't want to wish or beat up on myself either.  I am careful with the words I choose nowadays because words have power.  They can make me or break me.  I choose not to be broken.  I am a bit down, but I am not out.  Tomorrow is just another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment