Sunday, October 4, 2015

My goals are simple and attainable

My goal is to lose 125 pounds.  The instructions are simple: diet and exercise.  If the instructions are so simple then why the difficulties in losing weight?  Well for me, I have failed at every set plan I made.  My weight has gone up and down over the years and this has become a tiresome trend.  I realize that my goals and my plans are very important.  Well, the truth is, I have become lazy and overweight, not just overweight.  I am at a weight where I am considered obese and I have a condition that I might as well say I use as an excuse.  I do have a condition and I have been told that losing weight would not be easier because of it.  However, I have allowed myself to become overwhelmed by everything.  I think it is just time to just take even the littlest bit of time (5 minutes even) to just exercise and not put down every movement I have made.  A little moving around has never hurt anyone, including myself.  It is actually good to move a finger every once in a while, even if it doesn't burn 100 calories per hour.  However, it would be nice if I do make a goal of losing 100 calories per hour or pick an exercise that I like to do.  I walk but I don't really enjoy walking or any other exercise for that matter.  I used to enjoy exercise because of the benefits which in itself is a good thing.  I still do but how about enjoy exercise because it is exercise? I realize it sounds strange, but if I were to choose, this would be the one post that in a few years time I would look to for inspiration.  I realize that what worked is that I didn't have a set plan, but on a daily or within several days per week, I push myself. I also need to have a definite set or goal which is another problem.  I have had so many set goals that ended up being hard to follow even if it is the simplest goal.  I gave up on myself most of all.  If I were to have a reason to exercise however besides the love of exercise, it would be to prove to me that I am worthy. I also believe that even 5 minutes of movement is a good start.  How about pushing myself at 10 minutes? 15 minutes?  I even have an exercise watch for starters where it determines the number of calories burned in however many minutes.  For the first time I don't feel guilty for procrastination but in my head I am actually doing something meaningful for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment