Saturday, May 24, 2014

How exercise has been of benefit to me

Yesterday was my last day of physical therapy.  I am so relieved that I no longer have to go there but I dare say it wasn't all bad.  It made me self-conscious, but in a good way.  I now know why I need to exercise, but for me.  Physical therapy has been an inspiration to me and today, I actually performed some of the exercises.  I wish I had exercised a bit longer today but I felt great just exercising and moving around. Today I can finally say that I did some exercise and not only followed a schedule, but I actually exercised and didn't view it as a chore.  I would like to exercise much more as I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and I need to take better care of myself..  I have lost a small amount of weight and I feel so much freer.  Exercise has already produced benefits in myself that I didn't think about before.  It made me less self-conscious and it just made me feel more useful or rather productive.  Health benefits aside, there are the emotional benefits to exercise.  I am bipolar and I have obsessive thoughts to deal with yet this week they were not a burden because they were not as hard to deal with as I have been in the past, but at least exercise has "calmed my mind" down.  I have become more centered and I did not procrastinate today, which has made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment