Saturday, January 2, 2016

Entry for today, 1/2/16

I prayed about the fact that I need some change in my life, including exercise, and diet as well.  I have a couple of dumbbells that were given to me as a gift for Christmas.  I am forever thankful for these dumbbells.  Today I finally used those weights.  Now I don't know how many calories I burned using those weights.  But when I used those weights at least, I used to have thoughts that were not obsessive.  I guess that it is something that is good for me.  I started lifting those weights around 11:30 this morning while I was watching a movie.  The movie was okay but it wasn't like the original. I felt a burn using these weights doing a few repetitions.  I even thought about using them for lunges and other exercises as well. At least today,

I don't have any negative feelings about exercise.  One of the major issues I have is a fear of failure.  I need help in seeing that failure is a part of life, I guess. I do know that I have failed and so have most of humanity has failed or made a mistake.  I am a flawed human being and I don't like to lose or fail.  It is a part of the all or nothing mindset that I have.  It is a trigger to what is really wrong with me when it comes to exercise.

I cannot wait for others to do the work for me.  I have to do at least some of the work myself.  I have been asking a series of questions about what I need to do.  I need help in doing even the simplest of tasks which is a struggle.  So trying to do the simplest thing, which is to stay with doing exercise, is quite hard.  I have waited for others to do things for me only for me to be "rendered" powerless.  I finally realize that the need to do things by myself and sometimes go at it alone can be productive but can also be counterproductive as well.  I also believe that accountability while my taking action is productive.

Maybe instead of waiting, I could at least start off slow.  Today I did at least 10 reps on both arms today.  All I have to say is wow, those weights are not light by any stretch.  I guess that I have been out of shape and 3 lbs. per weight should at least be light.  Today, I am just grateful that I actually have the weights.  I am also grateful that I actually did something useful, even for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment