Thursday, January 7, 2016

What I should have confessed a long time ago

Lord,
I have become self conscious, yet I hate exercise.  I need help. I don't usually ask for help in this blog, but I am in need .I lack guidance and I need to change.I am not strong yet I have no idea what I need from You, but I know that I need to get over.  I am not confident.  I guess that my mindset needs to change. I have some of the equipment needed to begin an exercise program.  I hate that I have a hatred for working out.  I used to at least enjoy some semblance of a workout but I no longer have that desire.  I would like for that to be not just restored but renewed as well.  I want to lose weight and exercise and healthy eating are my goals for now.  Like with food, I also need to not take things for granted.  I want to have a healthy relationship with not only food but with working out.  The truth is, I am afraid of what is really going on with me now.  I already know the benefits. I also need to know that I can benefit from even five to 10 minutes of exercise.  I have lost the motivation to exercise and keep doing it.  What I do need is a change of mindset and a change in thinking that I am just lazy.  If I am lazy, then I would have nothing to be proud of.  It starts with having no real goals to actually exercise, even when it calls for following a even simpler five minute exercise plan.  I often if not, always see exercise as an all-or-nothing chore.  I have a black and white mindset and my goal is to overcome that mindset, but I just don't know how.  My strict mindset is telling me to not do it, but I need the strength and the will to do it.  I need that, Lord, but where to begin?

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment