Friday, January 8, 2016

Prayer of confidence

Father,

I believed that yesterday, I have been honest.  However, I believe now that I have been asking amiss. I need to take care of my body.  I know how to do that.  I have made the conscious choice not to do it. I have made no plans to better myself and I want to better myself.  I would like nothing more than to change.  I need to know that excuses and fear are things that I have allowed to hold me back.  I don't want that anymore.  I not only ask for increased faith, freedom from fear and doubt, but I also ask You for healing.  I believe that exercise could also be used for healing.  I need to take better care of myself.  I look back and I see a person who has potential.  I also see that I procrastinate too much. It would be nice to have the tenacity of a trainer, the knowledge of a chef, and the wisdom and faith of people who have made accomplishments as far as exercise and taking care of my overall self.  I have the knowledge that I need to exercise, but I ask You for the wisdom to have and to live beyond my years on this planet.  I also ask for Godly awareness.  Open my eyes and give me a fresh pair of eyes so that I no longer see exercise as drudgery, as a chore.  I want to learn to love and appreciate exercise and the benefits of exercise.  I want to listen to the doctor's advice and actually do it. Change me and use me, Lord.  Help me to not focus on what is fleshly but to live a life that is pleasing to You.  It sounded weird for now, but my prayer is that I don't ask amiss, even for a topic like exercise. I also ask for the motivation that I so need to exercise.  I want to be fit and finally in shape.  Give me and teach me how to love myself and respect myself, regardless of size.  I believe that that is one motivation to exercise.  Most of all, I also ask not just for a healthy and healing, but for a healthy mind and a healthy relationship with You, regardless if I weigh over 300 pounds or only 100 pounds. I thank You for giving me the opportunity to listen and answer prayers.  I praise You and give You thanks that I feel so much better since writing this prayer.  Thank You,

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment