Sunday, February 8, 2015

Plans being made on a realistic plan

I  didn't exercise today and that is why.  I am now making plans on a realistic, specific exercise plan that even I can follow.  I have no idea if I should eat in the morning before or after a work out.  All I know is that it has to be realistic and cater to my medical, emotional, and physical needs.  

I am a 40 year old woman who has a hormonal condition that has caused me to gain nearly 60 pounds in a brief period of time.  It has not been easy to lose this weight and for a number of good reasons, including anxiety and being easily overwhelmed.  I am 5'1" and weigh over 290 lbs, which would make my BMI ~ 55.  I would like for my BMI to be around 40, which would be realistic for me, at least. 

I have an apple shaped body where the bulk of excess weight is carried in the midsection.  I for that reason alone have become self conscious about my body shape and my overall appearance.  How do I know which exercises would be effective as far as toning and fat burning?  How do I also know if some exercises would be beneficial for all of the body though I have a few problem areas?  I also have problems with balance and lumbar disc degenerative disease, so I will definitely need help as well.

Walking is good.  I like taking a walk every once in a while.  However, it has been a long time since I have taken a brisk walk for 15 minutes at 2.5 mph.  How in this case do I start off slow?  Where do I begin walking?  Are there any other exercises that I can take an interest in?  Those are the areas that I am concerned with.

I tend to give up easily because I have failed so many times.  I want to make this stick.  Being healthy and living healthy are big undertakings so how do I keep them from overwhelming me.  How do I keep exercise from overwhelming me? Ironically enough, I have read that exercise will keep me from being too overwhelmed. So why is it hard for me to follow an exercise regimen?  Anyways, walking is just one of a few ideas that I have to strengthen my core and my spine, and lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment